Saturday, January 23, 2010

This'll fix it, right? Right...?

Okay, I made some changes to the Tomato Engine. I put in the fix as instructed by Rinku, and fiddled around with the "if" statements in regards to the final scene. I haven't fully tested the fix yet, so... don't have your hope up just yet. Aside from this, there's still the OGG bug which rears its ugly head every now and then. While I can't quite pin point what's causing it, I suspect that it's somehow linked to the variable-changing bug.

As we all know, the default Game Maker save system is pretty mediocre at best. It functions pretty much like save states in emulators. Thus... if you add new variables as you're debugging, it's bound to create some problems, since the save state only recognizes the variables defined when you first played the game. Anyway, if there's any indication, the OGG bug seemingly occur only when the save state gets nuked by the variable-changing bug.

Well, that's my theory anyway. I won't know for certain until I thoroughly tested the fix, which I will do later tonight... and honestly, while I'm very enthusiastic to see this pesky bug rid of, I dread playtesting it again for the... ah, heck, I already lost count by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment