Friday, January 15, 2010

Internet is a luxury.

I used to think that I'm getting ripped off on my mobile data plan, but after seeing verizon's data plan... man, mine looks ridiculously cheap in comparison. $10 for 25mb? Seriously? $30 for 5gb? Yikes. I only pay $15 for my unlimited data plan. Okay, so maybe it's not as speedy as US's 3G connection (for the first 2GB I get 256kbps, after that the speed got capped at 64kbps), but if you're browsing with opera mini, speed isn't really an issue. Opera mini can load pages incredibly fast even at GPRS connection (64kbps). I personally think that as far as downloading is concerned, 64kbps is fast enough for mp3s or picture files. I really would advice against using your smartphone as a "leeching" device. Sure, it's cool that you can torrent stuff via your cell, but it's going to drain your battery capacity quickly. It's hardly worth the trouble, IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment