Sunday, January 24, 2010

I shall have my revenge!

Okay, so maybe I spoke a little bit too early, but then again... maybe not. Apparently the bug still exists even after rinku's fix. After checking the code yet again, we found another inconsistency. I made another change and tested it in-game, and voila... the bug's gone! Or is it? It's hard to be certain because of the tenacity of the bug. Every time I thought I had it fixed, it appears. Again and again. I'll have to delete the save game and replay the game again to make sure. This is seriously the most annoying part of the game development. Everytime I add a new variable (tag), I have to make sure that everything is okay. I technically didn't have to, but it's a habit... and you know what they say about old habits...

People will probably not believe me for this, but over the course of the game development, I must have replayed the game at least 200 times. This process really takes a mental toll on me. I feel like I'm on a limbo, forced to relive the same life over and over again with no chance of redemption. Hopefully though, this FIX will put the nail in the coffin once and for all.

If not... I might actually go crazy before I get the chance to release the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment