Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Seeing dollar $ign$.

VVVVVV is a shareware platformer game by Terry Cavanagh. A game that is sadly more widely discussed for its "OMG, I can't believe it costs $15" debacle rather than its merits or flaws. I won't say that the game is worth every penny I paid for, because I NEVER said that about anything I have ever bought (I can't help it. I'm just cheap by nature.) At the same time, I also won't say that I feel ripped off for the short game length. The pricing is just about okay. It's funny how most people in the indiegaming scene seems to go crazy for anything retro, but the moment you started demanding money for them, they think you're a nutjob for even thinking of selling your product. I guess shooting for a retro presentation is fine and all, but only if it's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment